Hamster

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Flick is NOT an elf!!!!

Ok, now you may be wondering why I opened my blog with a statement about Flick not being an elf. Well it all began a couple of weeks ago when I started off a conversation by saying:
"I want a pet elf."
"How about Flick?" Several people said including Rhiannon and Caity.
"Flick is not an elf."
"She so is." It's always their response.
So that is basically why I opened with that, because I want a pet elf and Flick is most definitely NOT an elf. This sought of brings me to the topic of today's Chronicle. Are unicorns girly. Now I realise that you're all thinking "That is the worse transition ever, but anyway why would you even suggest that? They are so girly." Well people who's brains are wired that way, they're not.
Let us all notice one crucial bit of the unicorn's anatomy. The reason it has the prefix uni at the start. Yes that's right the horn and no I am not making a penis analogy. It is why a unicorn is not girly but no sexual innuendos. It is quite clearly a weapon. Imagine a unicorn is attacked by a (because I realise that a unicorn is a mythical creature) a gryffin. The gryffin swoops down and attacks the unicorn but it charges up and stabs the beast in the chest. It would at the very least be severely wounded and have to run off why the unicorn stands triumphant (if they existed).
We can also realise that a horse is also not girly because of a similar reason. People who believe they're girly often site 'The Saddle club' as a reason. However just because a couple of girls rode a couple horses around in that show can not undo the thousands of times horses have been used in battle. War more of a guy thing but girly and guy thing are not mutually exclusive. I just like my arguments.
And while we are on this subject may I just point out one little thing. The idea of a gentle man is sexist as hell. And yet no one realises it. Want me to tell you why. Well it's because girls benefit. Yeah. When the radar starts going it fails to pick up any mention of gentlemen actions because they benefit. I know that it is a useful way to impress that person you like, but I am not going to stand aside and let a girl into a room before me simply because she's a girl. Likewise I will not do most of the stuff they talk about when you are suppose to be a gentlemen. It's insane.
Now I know some say that this isn't sexism it's just etiquette (don't even get me started on etiquette) but whenever you promote one gender over the other for any reason you are being sexist. Let's not go into that realm. There are of course exceptions such as pregnancy (but make sure they are actually pregnant), but bulk of the time it's sexist.
Now I'm bored of ranting now so I will see you another time and remember:
"Stop,
In the name of love,
Before you break my heart."
And goodnight and Solo Guy bless.
P.S. Almost forgot. My brother recently met Solo Guy and when he was offered a solo he declined. We must burn the heretic now.

2 comments:

  1. First off, I want a unicorn that is white with gold sparkles whom I will name Jewel.
    Secondly Flick may be an elf, we have yet to fully understand what makes her tick.
    Thirdly, the whole concept of something being 'girly' mearly means that it tends to associated with the female gender. More girls ride horses than boys, that you hear of anyway. Unicorns are normally chosen by girls because they arn't usually used in a fighting scene, there to look good and be a pet. While yes they can be used in battle and to hurt others that is not what we normally associate with a unicorn.
    I don't know about you but I fully expect everyone to get out of my way and open doors for me. It doesn't happen but its fun to dream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. FLICK IS NOT AN ELF!! Just because she has long, straight blonde hair! She could be Nordic. (From Scandinavia)

    Also, while I do agree that being a gentleman is sexism, I rally jusdt can't be bothered argunig the point. It seems we get in trouble no matter hat we do. Ah well, I'm sure we guys will figure it out someday.

    ReplyDelete