Hamster

Friday, January 8, 2010

Al Gore Has Infiltrated the Road User's Handbook

Yep. It's official and insane, but Al Gore has sucessefully managed to preach his message of the horrible nature of global warming to the people having to read the manual. Now I know that many of you have probably already read the manual, but it stands to reason that some of you may have forgot that part, never read it due to it not being in then or just decided to do the practice test over and over again. For those of you who read it and remember I apologise in advance for putting the paragraph up. I'm only reading it because I'm too tired to actually do a test at the moment thanks to the campout (I'll get to that in a moment). So here it is:


“It is anticipated that current weather patterns will progressively change and become more unpredictable as a result of climate change. Climate change is the impact on the planet due to greenhouse gas emissions which will increase global temperatures. Climate change is expected to cause unpredictable weather events and conditions such as extreme heatwaves, storms, flooding and bushfires. Driving during extreme weather events or conditions should be undertaken with care and caution. Driving should be avoided in extreme conditions. Where it cannot be avoided listen to announcements on the radio, adjust your travel speed to wet conditions, prepare by taking water and take regular rest breaks at appropriate locations on hot days.” – Road User’s Handbook pg 68


Yeah so there that is. I know I probably built that up to be a lot more queer (traditional sense of the word) but I found that a bit funny when I read that so who knows.


So what else has been happening of late. Oh yes. The campout was on last night. Hell fun although by about 2 in the morning I wanted to just fall over or at least lie down. If you are a pyromaniac you would have enjoyed it. I kept getting this image of Emily just setting things on fire; it was quite funny.


Other funny things that happened. For some reason it was forced that the guys and the girls had to sleep in separate tents, which is fine. You don’t want to have anything bad happening in your backyard (yes it was only a backyard camp, for those of you who didn’t know), but why then would you allow us to go bushwalking. That was quite fun too, but I find it stupid as surely something is more likely to happen there then in a backyard.


I may have done the greatest spot light hide ever. Not because it took me forever to get found, but because I wasn’t the first found. When you sit on a chair at the edge of a deck where the seeker is counting you would expect to be caught out first or second. But nope. 4th. Please explain this to me, as I really don’t understand how this could possibly happen.


One last thing before I go. It has taken me a month but I have finally finished all 2539 strips of the webcomic ‘Irregular Webcomic’ which is an ironic name seeing as it is published daily. It was exhausting but worth it. For anyone who has too much time on their hands you should read them, and hopefully everyone will really like Death Of Insanely Over Powered Fireballs. He’s quite good. Also he is to the right. Images have never worked on here before so this is quite cool for me.




If you want to read the whole thing remember to click on the ‘first’ hyperlink. But this does not mean I think you’re all internet noobs. Ok that's the end of this post. I hope you have enjoyed your holidays so far and Chris I want you to watch the ‘Lion King’. Word is you haven’t seen it.


So bye bye people.

6 comments:

  1. A climate change spiel in the drivers handbook? Woah. *renames the book "the inconvenient truth about driving"*

    Well I've got about 7 months until I have to read THAT.

    Camping trips are always fun. That's why I did scouts. :P

    No one checks the obvious in a game of spotlight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I would have LOVED to set things on fire. Tis isanely fun.
    That whole section in the drivers handbook just went over my head. Wayy over my head.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwww. Sounds like the campout was awesome!!! Bushwalking? Spotlight????? All the friggin' awesome stuff happens when im working!!! Can we all get together again sometime during the hols so I can actually do this stuff too? Pretty please?

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my god, so much fun, oh and jake just after you left dwyer came out in maccas uniform + apron. ha ha. :p. anyway, was so asleep, failed at cheat, as alway :(. I blame tiredness. burning (not) pringles was sooo cool. must try that. petrol was awesome! scared the crap out of me, was not expecting it to burst inot flame, for some reason...
    anyway, trent, dean,are you okay? not sure you should really hae inhal;ed half of that shit. And my knee still hurts from that fucking pit! grr...

    ciao. :p. ness

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! I'VE SEEN A LEGO GRIM REAPER!! *crosses off list* Well, I'm gonna admit something here just to help Chris. I haven't really seen The Lion King either. *shields self from ensuing barrage of hatred*

    ReplyDelete
  6. For the record, I have seen the Lion King. It's Aladdin that I haven't seen. It's a shame I missed the campout, it sounds like it would've been fun.

    Am I the only one picturing Al Gore sitting in a darkened office somewhere muttering "today the Road User's Handbook...TOMORROW THE WORLD!" and cackling maniacally?

    ReplyDelete